There’s a lot of talk about following your passion in the pursuit of career happiness. But, many of us have struggled with figuring out our passion. Personally, I struggled with determining my passion for a while. But, here’s the thing, it was right under my nose. I was doing it every day and didn’t realize it. Thankfully, I had a family member put me on the right path and I’ve been following my passion since that day.
Here are a few things that I learned during my journey:
- You have to dedicate time to figuring out your natural talents and interests. That way, you won’t spend your time on activities that don’t utilize and complement your natural talents. It’s a powerful combination to marry your natural talents with your interests.
- You have to be brutally honest with yourself. There are some things that you love to do, but if it’s not one of your strengths, you probably won’t experience the success level that you would if you were utilizing your strengths. And, if you do experience success, it probably won’t be a fun process.
- You’re probably already following your passion and don’t even know. But, it’s more on a subconscious level. It’s something so natural that you may not even think of it as a viable career option. Ask friends and family what they think. They’re looking at you through a different lens and may be able to point out something that you can’t see.
- You must be willing to try new things. Sometimes it trial and error. I tried so many things before I realized my true passion. You have to try in order to realize whether something is for you.
- Don’t give up. It may take you awhile, but never stop thinking or trying. It’ll come to you. Persistence definitely pays off.
Wanna know what my passion is? Take a look at my YouTube video and learn about my personal passion seeking journey.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
5 Tips To Finding Your Career Passion
[…] Video: Finding Your Passion […]
[…] the Right Career: Lessons From a 10 Year Old Video: Finding Your Passion 5 Tips To Finding Your Career Passion Are You Using Your Gifts Using Color to Unlock Your Career […]